Maybe in another life, when we are both cats!

Abre tus ojos, Open your eyes!

I'm a foolish young man!



Monday, February 03, 2003

I was sick for the past week....I had the flu with fever and I'm still dealing from some of the after symptoms. But that's ok because I'm back to school and things.

**Now onto technology news*** [[[These will be covered by a digital camera that I'm getting tommorrow]]]
In the techie spirit of things that I have, I have created a plan to re-live the MS-DOS experience all over again. I went in search of the so claimed readily available DOS boot disk by Leo Laporte. Well guess what! There was no boot disk to be found. So then I decided to check out microsoft and I found what I think is an installer of "MS-DOS 6.2 Step-up Files" Date Published: 10/14/1999 Version: 1. But since it says "set-up files" it doesn't look promising.
The idea is to get a Pentium 133 / 64 RAM(half of it fallen over in the mother board lol) / aprox 800 Megs hardrive (lol again)> To run properly after a Windows 95 wipe out by my dad.
I don't know why but this plan has been stuck for too long in my head and I have to try it.

**So then I check out the guys from Ziph Davis and they have this awsome .exe available called "VernDos" which promises to be better than the old DOS. So that sounds good and all but then I check the requirements which are> [Windows 3.x, MS-DOS 5, 16MB RAM, sound card]. So apparently it requires that the system is already running DOS.

**But this is all cool because I like a challenge and today I got a book that covers DOS 3.2 through 5.0 so I'm hoping that I can rescue the outdated piece of machinery that lays in my basement.

***THE HOPE***
The hope is that if I can successfully clean the hardrive of the Win 95 leftovers and put a DOS OS in there; then I'll be able to run this cool sounding DOS assembler that I got and try to do some magic with it. Also i have found a collection in one of DOS text games that I want to run ^_^

**Aspirations....well those are that after successfully running DOS I'll be able to move onto Linux and make that little machine a linux box to test.

**The future....There's this other computer, which is newer than the P133. It's a P II 366 top of its class Gateway. This one is going to run the latest linux material once I accomplish the first plans ofcourse.

**Back to the past....Yeah there's more....I've been wondering where I can find a floppy drive for my Commodore 64 because I have tons of software that I can't run because my drive has gone bad. Well I'll leave that project for a later time.

This wraps it up for the tech edition of my weblog ^^ I'm so happy that I'm one of google.com's sweethearts ;) [that's how 99% of the people make it to this page and other engines find it]

p.s. I need to make a new techie layout soon! =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home