Maybe in another life, when we are both cats!

Abre tus ojos, Open your eyes!

I'm a foolish young man!



Thursday, March 27, 2003

Well this is a really old post that I made somewhere else....but I just found it...so I think it's important to put it here since thise blog has global reach
Date of entry: Fri Dec 27, 2002
*Day 10ALessonAboutBeingADoctor
so I was in operating room locker about 1 hr and 1/2 ago and there was a doctor talking to another about how to give bad news to people and about a baby waiting on an operation...

doc1>I try to be very nice about giving people bad news
doc2>You shouldn't do that. Where are you from?
doc1>New York
doc2>I'm from new york too, Brooklyn. And I am very frank and straight forward when giving people bad news.
doc1>I just don't want to do it the wrong way.
doc2>There is no wrong way. Well there is but don't give people the runaround.
doc1> well yes, but I remember when my wife received bad news when her father died. She received a call and she was told "Your father had a heart attack, he's dead"
doc2>I see...I don't know what's wrong with the kid. If i knew i could take care of him.
doc1> well what is the problem.
doc2> the child has issues. This twin has a problem with his stomach. And their parents didn't even show up. I wake up this late at night to try to help their kid and seriously they have no consideration...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home